Monday, May 12, 2008

Race for the Cure

I RAN A 5K!



My mom's friend, Nancy, was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. She is still doing radiation, but is done with chemo. Her daughter put together a group to run for her in the Race for the Cure! I decided to do it. It was a 5K run. I have NEVER EVER done a 5K. Jared stayed at home with the girls and I headed up around 6 to ride up with my parents. I was pretty nervous. I had made a goal for myself to run the whole time. Not stop. Even if I ran slow, I couldn't stop! I DID IT! It was my first time running outside and I was afraid that I couldn't do it. It was easier than I thought! When I have been running on the treadmill, I run 3 miles in about 33 minutes. I ran the race on Saturday at about 32 minutes or so! OH YEA. I was so happy! I can do it!!! Such an great feeling!
The Runners!!!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Way to go Les!Im so glad you could be there to support Nancy. I wish I could have been there with you.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wow, congrats! :) A great cause and a great accomplishment. That's awesome.

Karen said...

Way to go! I don't think I could have run the whole way, maybe walked fast!

Denise said...

Keep it up girl. You have a right to be happy! Love ya

The Bischoff's said...

Congrats Les! That is so awesome! I could have NEVER done it!