Sunday, December 07, 2008

Jeffs' Family Party

Saturday night we had the "Jeffs' Family Christmas Party." I have been wanting to plan a party for my dad's side of the family. His brothers and their families. We just don't see each other as much as we need to! I have also been working on my personal progress for Young Women's and decided in September to conquer 2 birds with one stone. I would plan a party for the family and do it as one of my 10 hour projects. I think that I did spend 10 hours getting this party ready. I decided that we would do a "Service Auction." Auctions are so fun!! The idea was that each person over the age of 12 years offered a service that they would be willing to do for someone else. Here are the services that were provided:

Fishing trip
Boating trip
Marginally satisfactory hunting trip with dog
Shooting excursion
Homemade dinner and dessert
Thanksgiving Advent Calendar
Christmas Advent Calendar
Oil Change
cookies
Christmas jammies (you provide material)
Home movies to DVD with music
Knitted dish rags
Car detailing
Babysitting
Making/catering fancy Chinese dinner
Name on blocks
2 hours of manual labor
Motorcycle/dirtbike this summer while he is in Hong Kong
Washing someone's car inside and out
Snowmobiling trip
Snowshoeing trip (lunch included)
Pedicure
Eyebrow wax
Eyelash tint
Pizza and movie night at Jeffs Theater
Computer scrapbooking (you provide your digital pictures)
Date night with Danny and Taush, dessert and movie included
Birthday cake
Backpacking overnighter in Uintahs
4 Wheeling trip
Everyone was so great and offered so much! I felt like the auction was a hit! There were a couple (snowmobiling, babysitting) that went without any bidding really. People just offered their $250.00 to start off. It was a great night. We had a simple dinner of hamburgers and hot dogs and brownies and ice cream. We did have a hot chocolate buffet. It wouldn't be a Christmas party that I planned without hot chocolate! As you will remember, I am a hot chocolate buff! We had 4 different flavors and had them going in the CocoLatte machines. If you don't have one of these, you need one!! It is great! I will even froth your hot chocolate!
Anyway, we had a great time! We had some people missing at the party, but I am hoping that we can make this a tradition and do it every year! Jared and I came away with the 4 wheeling trip, a strawberry pie, and 1 dozen cookies. I didn't really tell him what I wanted and forgot by the end! Oh well! The cookies and pie are delicious!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Leslie it was a ton of fun. Yes I would say you put in 10 PLUS hours in your project.

The Bischoff's said...

What a good idea! How fun! Where do you find all the time to do everything??

kimbob said...

that is an awesome project idea and way to work on your Personal Progress. how sad I've got my projects almost done, only 1 left but haven't start on my experiences! Way to go, sounds like it turned out great!!!