Kim, this is for you!!! I finally got to taking some pictures. We still have a big mess down there, but the carpet is coming next Wednesday or Thursday so we have got to bust our butts this week! I might be asking for some babysitters to help while I get to some more painting (gotta do the baseboards and windowsills and door casings once they are put up!)
Anyway, it is starting to look good down there. Here is a picture of MY BLUE ROOM!! I absolutely love this room and might end up sleeping some nights down here! This will be our guest room for anyone wanting to come for a visit!! I just love the calming blue color.This is another shot of the blue room. Jar doesn't have the lights hooked up yet so I couldn't get a REAL great picture, but it works right!! Hopefully you get the idea!
This is a picture of the exercise room that is just west of the blue room. We are going to put our treadmill and weights in here at one end and then at the other end, I get my craft room. Can I tell you how excited I am for this room. Right now my sewing machine is in the closet in Emily's room because I keep having to get it out. I am excited to put it somewhere and just keep it out and use it! Oh how fun. I plan to put a pegboard up on the wall above a countertop to put all my trinkets and things! YAHOO!! So, when it is time to craft, I will be ready!!
Here is a shot from standing over by the kitchen area looking towards the TV room. You can see the doorway to the blue bedroom. I am in love with color of this wall too. The brown turned out so great! Jared was a little nervous about it and wanted me to get a can, paint a little on the wall, let it dry and see if it was really what I wanted. I felt comfortable enough that it was the color I wanted and it turned out great. I am going to be painting the baseboards, windowsills, window frames, and door frames a dark chocolate brown. I am so excited to see it all put together.
Here is a picture of the countertop that will go on the cabinets in the kitchen area. The countertop we had originally decided upon was more of a bunch of different browns. Jared went to Home Depot and they had discontinued it, but they had this one, the last one and got it. I think he was a little nervous that it would look good and that I would like it. I LOVE it. I has some texture on it and it has some greens in it which makes me so happy becuase we already have lots of brown going on downstairs!
Here is a picture of the cabinets with the tile in the Kitchen area. I can not hide my excitetment anymore!
Another faraway picture of the cabinet area. Don't mind the mess! I tell you, we still have lots to do, but it coming right along!
Here is the bathroom with the shower that Jared is working on! He is tileing the bathroom tomorrow night!
And I think my other favorite room. The girls' playroom for a few months and then their bedroom! I am not done with the picket fence, I need to paint the white that does horizontal behind the fence slaps, but I just love how the picket fence turned out!
Chicken Alfredo
1 year ago
6 comments:
So cute! Wow you guys are working hard. :)
You guys have done so much! Good luck getting everything cleared out for the carpet. It is going to look amazing! Nice job!
How fun! I love the picket fence!
looks great!That's a lot of work! Good job!
Thanks for posting those for me, I love it!! It makes me want to redo my basebment and make some changes. Did you free hand the picket fence? I can only imagine how much time that took. Looks great and will be nice to have all done. I love that Kylee wants to bring home a baby boy :)
Looks awesome! You are getting it finished just in time for Summer....one of the best times to have a nice cool place to go. Gotta love basements.
Post a Comment