Saturday, January 23, 2010

Kylee Skiing

Last Saturday, my dad decided he wanted to do a "Beginner's Day" skiing. My sister-in-law hadn't been for years and I have been wanting to take Kylee. I was about Kylee's age when I first started skiing. We went to Alta (by far the best resort, no snowboarders allowed). And that is nothing against snowboarders personally, Jared is a snowboarder, but when you are a skier, at least for me, some snowboarders are out of control, just like I am sure that for some snowboarders, skiers are out of control.

Anyway back to the story, we went and rented some ski's for Kylee. They were TINY!! She was so excited and kept asking when we were going to be in the mountains. Well, it was kind of a frustrating day, she liked it, but would get angry and throw a few fits. We just went on the rope tow for a few hours to get the hang of skiing and then at 3:00, the lifts are free until 4:30. We went on the lift once and that was it for Kylee. She wasn't quite ready, but when we got done with the lift, she wanted to head back to the rope tow. She loved that. By the end of the day, she was going up the rope tow herself and skiing down the hill herself. She didn't want to stop and eat a snack, have hot chocolate, or even go the bathroom. She just wanted to go fast down the hill.

The first part of the day I used a hula hoop to hold her back and help her down the hill. She kept telling me to let go so she could go faster. What a crazy gal. She was upset when we got home and had to take the skis back. She wanted to keep them for the next time we go skiing.

Here is a picture of Kylee getting ready to go. She was not very patient waiting for me to get my skiis on.

I always thought it was so stinking cute to see little kids skiing and now here I have one of my own!
Tyler, Christine, and me! Don't look too closely. I couldn't get my pants to button up, so I hope there are no pictures that are a little revealing!!
Kylee coming down the hill with my dad.
My dad and Kylee going up the rope tow. This was sure a workout! By the end of the day, my arms felt like they were going to be pulled out of my sockets!
Don't I look so very graceful on the rope tow!! I HATE these things!!
Me skiing backwards trying to teach Kylee had to do pizza slices to go slow!
Christine looks fabulous on the rope tow!
Me trying for the first time to go up the rope tow with Kylee. It was a little tricky!!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

hahaha. i have absolutely NO love for the rope tow. i don't miss it one bit. except that maybe it made my arms stronger...

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were expecting!! Congrats--do you know what it is??