Monday, April 18, 2011

Capitol Reef National Park

Post Alert: Long post, lots of pictures!!

For Spring Break, we took the kids camping. My parents planned out this camping trip a month or so ago and asked if we wanted to go. We are always so excited to go. Last year, we only went ONE time because I had J and was not feeling up to going camping every month, but loved the one time we went.

I was so excited to go and could hardly wait. This year we had to borrow Jared's brother's truck since we sold the Tahoe and bought a minivan (oops, there is another story lost to those reading.) I could NOT handle trying to get the kiddilies in the Tahoe anymore. Jared has been looking for a truck, but hasn't bought one yet, so we had to borrow. We had to put Kylee in the truck with Grandma and Grandpa.

We had not even driven 5 minutes and Kylee was complaining about needing to throw up and that she had to go to the bathroom. Boy, was this going to be a long trip!!!!

After our FIRST potty trip, we got on the road. I was a little, okay so I will not lie, A LOT out of practice on the packing. I forgot to charge the DVD players and didn't bring the charger cord to plug in. The girls were really good and didn't really complain after I told them there would be no movies on the way down. How did my parents EVER do road trips? We never watched TV, and we never had to be buckled in, just roaming the car, probably pestering my parents to insanity!

Here is a picture of our second pit stop. There was a cute petting zoo and Miss Kylee was in HEAVEN. That girl LOVES animals soo much. Too bad her parents are such pet lovers.



We finally arrived in Capital Reef National Park. I haven't been to this park in ages and it was so beautiful down there. It was a little chilly and windy as we were getting camp set up, but at least the sun was out and there were no rain clouds.

We were having troubles with our trailer, no battery, which meant no lights at night, no heater at night, can you just say OH Crap!!!! The first night was freezing. The three youngens and I slept in my parents, which also turned out to not have heat, and Kylee and Jared slept in our cold trailer, but they were safe and warm with our KING SIZE sleeping bags. What would we have done without them.

Friday morning, Jared went into town to get a new battery for our trailer so that we might survive our camping trip. After lunch, we headed out on a hike. I just love our state!! Again, lack of packing and planning, no hats for the girls and no baby carrier for little Jordyn. It was still a great hike and the girls loved it. Kylee and Kaja would RUN the whole time to stay in front. Emily kept asking anybody and everybody for horsey rides. Such great sports to all who gave her a ride!

My mom with some of the kids taking a licorice and water break!
There were not too many holes for the kids to find and climb in! Kylee started off well with her poses and just got better and better as the pictures went on! That she did NOT get from me!!
Jordyn even got into the holes!
Kylee and Kaja would NOT let go of hands, or even let anyone be in front. They barely let Kylee's dad take this picture.
Again the hoser, oops, I meant poser!!
This was a beautiful short hike to a big huge cliff. It made me a lot nervous. Kylee wanted to explore all the rocks.
SEE!! Huge cliffs!
They really were having a great time. I promise. They just didn't like to be called away from the fun to take a boring old picture! Someday they will appreciate what we do for them!
My bro, my crazy bro. I was not here for this picture and was very glad to not be there!
Yes, she is getting better at them huh!
Not apart EVER, oh wait except when they were playing Prince and Princess and they both wanted the name Katie. Oh Dear! It was drama!
My little Jaycelyn and her dirty pants! What fun camping.

The next day we went on a longer hike and it was great. All the other adults and some of the older kids went up to see the Tanks (some depressions filled with stagnant water covered with ugly gross bugs!) I told Emily and Jaxon back. We meet up with my sister and Blake . WOW was that the LOOOOONNNNGEST walk home. I told Emily she could hold onto the keys to the truck. It helped a ton in getting her to saunter on back, and I mean SAUNTER!!

We packed up that night and headed on out. I LOVE camping. I cannot say that enough. I love to get out and see all the beauty that is right in our back yard. On the way home, I asked Jared when our next trip was. He just looked at me and rolled his eyes!!! SERIOUS, when is it?!

Here are a few more pictures of our great time!!!






Family picture time. Okay, people, next time tell me not to smile so BIG!! I was just so happy to be camping with my lovely family!!! I love them lots and lots!
Look at all of those great kids! They were such great hikers!!
Another rice krispy and water break!
Resting and relaxing in a depression in the rocks.
After we got back to camp, Emily got to playing in the dirt. She was in true form. She played in the dirt and had lots of fun, as you can sort of see from the dirt ALL over her pretty little face!

No comments: