So, most of you who know me very close know that I am a very list oriented person. I love to make lists of things to do for the day. I would probably drive a lot of you NUTS!!! I am sure that it would drive Jared nuts if he knew really what I was doing. He just knows that we have things to do! Anyway, on to my lists. I have all of my household chores split up throughout the week. I hate spending a lot of time cleaning my house, but I love a clean house. So, for all of you who are interested, this is how my household chores go
Monday - water plants, dust, wash back window, mop, 1 load of laundry
Tuesday - vacuum house, clean kitchen, 1 load of laundry, clean stove
Wednesday - change bedsheets, 1 load of laundry, iron, cut out coupons
Thursday - clean bathroom, vacuum house, clean kitchen, 1 load of laundry
Friday - 1 load of laundry, weed
Saturday - vacuum house, clean kitchen, 1 load of laundry
I do 1 load of laundry a day because I hate to have lots and lots and lots of folding to do. Honestly, I barely get through the 1 load a day!!!
I have found a new list!!! Simple Mom has a fun post about menu planning. I have always wanted to do this, but just have never been able to stick with it!! I finally found a plan that I might be able to stick with. Simple Mom has this suggestion for menus
Monday - Mexican
Tuesday - Pasta
Wednesday - Asian
Thursday - Crock pot
Friday - Pizza and salad (Jared will LOVE this!)
She does something for Saturday and Sunday and I will see if I will. I have not been very good about cooking on the weekend. Last Saturday, I actually sat down and planned out our meals for 2 weeks and went and bought the ingredients! It has been so nice to have it planned that when 5:00 rolls around I don't find myself saying "What is for dinner? I haven't pulled out any meat yet?" And then there is the energy it takes to try and think of something and then pull of a great dinner! This is what I have been up to lately. MAKING LISTS!!!
Chicken Alfredo
1 year ago
4 comments:
You're inspiring. I'd love to get rid of the 5:00 "emergency" of what are we going to eat tonight.
This last week I actually made a menu too, then forgot my list when I went shopping but only forgot a few things. I hate working all day then trying to think of something to make. It helps when you have the menu to be able to pick something.
I should have some type of schedule for cleaning my house but it always ends up happening on Saturday mornings because I don't want to think of that after working all day. Listen to my work excuse!! Way to GO!!
This really works for a busy mom with kids. I used to do it. NOW . . well I have no excuse, no plan, no lists. We just play it by ear.
Hi Leslie this is Natalie from the Photomax Lab. First of all, the pics of your kids crack me up - thanks for sharing. When I read your pizza night plans I wanted to share this idea with you (you may very well already know about it) as a fun, fast, and easy way to make pizza. http://foodforthought22.blogspot.com is a food blog my sister put together for us to share simple recipes. It's a very new blog so there isn't much there yet but I just posted the idea with the pizza. If you ever have any ideas you wouldn't mind sharing please feel free.
Post a Comment