Well, tomorrow is the big day and boy have I been training!! My aunt and uncle set up a schedule for me with lots of running to get my miles up and ready for this half marathon! I also have been working out with them, doing lots of core work, strengthening my legs, swimming in a continuous pool (which I absolutely love!!!), and always a little bit of some speed training (which I love also!!). I ran my first 8 miles a few weeks ago with Bill and Jo. It was nice. I run nice and slow and it was great! The next two weekends I ran 10 miles. WOW! I never thought I would have been able to do that! Last weekend I went and ran 6 miles again with Bill and Jo and it was so nice. I felt like a much stronger runner. Bill said he noticed that I was running better also! Such a great feeling for such an accomplishment!
I am getting a little nervous about tomorrow, but I am ready! BRING IT ON!!!
Chicken Alfredo
1 year ago
1 comment:
Good luck! What a great thing to do. :)
Post a Comment