I love to see all the cute blogs out there that do some an instructional crafty post. I tried it with the flower pens and now I will try it again. I made these a couple weeks ago and posted pictures of them. I made some more of the diaper wipes and diaper changer, but took pictures throughout so that you can see what I actually did. I hope I do okay with this!
1. Get 1/2 yard of some cute flannel print and 1/2 yard of Chenille (or you can use a terry cloth material). The Chenille is 60 wide material, so I have been able to make 2 diaper changers with 1/2 yard material. You need 1/2 yard material because the dimensions on the diaper changer are 18 x 21. 1/2 = 18 inches.
2. Lay out flannel print and cut in half lengthwise. Place on top of the Chenille (put right sides together, then you don't have to move them again once they are cut). Start cutting the Chenille the same size as the flannel print.
3. Once cut, pin the two pieces together (right sides together) so that when you sew, it won't move around. Set this aside while you make the strap.
4. Cut a piece of material 9 1/2 inches by 6 inches. I folded mine and cut it 3 inches by 9 1/2 inches.
5. Now sew the strap on two sides. Clip the corners at a diagonal and flip to the right side.
6. Place the strap inside the diaper changer on one of the shorter sides. Here you can see I started pushing it in. Make sure that the raw edge (unsewn edge) is lined up with the edge that you are going to sew on of the diaper changer.
Here is a picture of it shoved all the way in.
7. Now sew. Make sure that you leave an opening on one of the sides so that you can turn it inside. Don't leave the opening right on a corner. It makes it a little more difficult to blind stitch closed.
All DONE!!! (well, almost!)
8. Now, just blind stitch the opening closed, or you can use some fabric tape to shut it.
9. Now, fold it in half and roll it up so that you can decide where to put the Velcro or the snaps, whatever you want to do. I did snaps.
10. Mark where you want to place the snaps or Velcro and put them on.
VOILA! All done!!! Super cute diaper changer.
Next project, the wipes carrier!
1. Cut a 9 1/4 x 10 inch piece of material.
2. Use mod podge to put the material on the wipes case. I finally found the huggies travel cases at Babies R Us. Walmart didn't have them! I searched high and low for them!
3. Put the material in one strip all the way around. I had to trim the edges so that it wasn't to long and didn't overlap on the seam of the travel case so that I couldn't open it.
4. Now glue the ribbon that you want to put across the top. Mod Podge didn't seem to work too well for the ribbon.
5. Cut a little strip of material to make a bow. Just fold the ends into the middle and then glue. Use a little piece of ribbon and wrap it around the middle. Glue to the ribbon strip.
6. Use some thick swirly ribbon to go around the edges. I don't know how else to describe it. Use the glue gun and put the ribbon along the top edge.
7. Put ribbon along the bottom edge also. This covers up the edges of the flannel print.
8. TA DAA! You are done. Now you have a classy travel wipes carrier and diaper changer!
4 comments:
Really cute and you are good at writing instructions!
Cute new look. You are pretty amazing. Where did this crafty bug come from????
Very cute! I will have to show Jen for her baby! Heaven forbit I actually try something crafty myself!! :)
Very cute, you craft queen! I'm totally going to try this. :) Thanks for the instructions.
Post a Comment