Saturday, May 09, 2009

1ST RACE OF THE YEAR!

Today I ran my first race of the year! Payson had a stake run, well, there were 11 stakes involved. Jared and I were going to run it together, but last night Jayce came down with the croup and I just hurried and went, ran, and then came right home! I ran the 5k in 30:20, which is about a 9:49 min/mile! That is pretty good for me! I was really happy and had a great time! I passed a BUNCH of people and that made my adrenaline kick in! YAHOO!!

3 comments:

kimbob said...

WAY TO GO!!!!!! I think I'm going to train to do a 5K. My friend says she wants to be my trainer. It'd be such an accomplishment. Sorry your little one got sick

Denise said...

WAY TO GO! We are so happy for you. You are amazing. That was a terrific time, expecially being sick yourself and worrying about sick ones at home!!!

Jamie said...

It was so great to hear from you Leslie! That is a great time, good job! I was pushing hard just to get the 33 minutes that I did yesterday so I've still got a ways to go in my training. I'm sorry your kids were sick, that is no fun at all!